The water plant is a well-proportioned, almost temple-like building with massive gabled parapet end walls and large segmental-arched window openings. Brick on a concrete base, its massive corner piers feature decorative brick panels and roundels near the top. The gabled parapet wall features corbelled bands and rows of narrow slits above the windows, that step up with the rake of the wall. Parapet and pilasters are capped in stone. A shorter addition was constructed on the north side of the building in 1920.