Cemetery gates

The Sisters of Providence established a cemetery in 1861 on the east edge of the district. A stone and metal entry gate opens to a concrete walking path through the older (north) part of the cemetery. The main path encircles the grave of the foundress, Mother Theodore Guerin, which is a tall stone cross, where it continues east, and branches north and south. The cemetery is listed as a contributing site within the Historic District.

Year built
Front view of the cemetery gates
Side view of the cemetery gates